Sewage Backup Repair For Businesses and Homes In VT
In Burlington, South Burlington, Rutland, and surrounding towns Peniel can handle any size sewage backup repair and cleanup.
Dealing with sewage backup repair can make your skin crawl. Not only does it come with all the regular inconveniences of dealing with water damage, but also the added concerns of sanitation, health and safety. In the event your property has a sewage backup problem, you need to take immediate steps to clear and sanitize the property to protect your assets as well as your family or employees and customers.
What Can Cause a Sewage Backup?
Most home and business owners may not realize that they are not only responsible for the plumbing and sewage system in their home and on their property, but also the sewer lateral to their property that connects to the city main. This section can sometimes reach out onto streets and public property, and lack of upkeep can cause backups. There are many ways your sewage system could back up and cause sanitary risks and water damage. Some include:
- Improper Flushing: This one is probably familiar. Your three-year-old accidentally flushed a toy down the toilet. Over time, your plumbing could also become blocked from every day usage with hair, grease, and other matter that becomes too thick to pass. If the blockage is significant enough, it can clog the lateral sewer and cause a serious back up.
- Storm Flooding: During heavy rainfall, a public or private drain system may become overwhelmed and unable to pump out water as fast as it is taking it in. This can cause sewer lines to become backed up, eventually flooding your home or business.
- Root Growth: Over time, thick roots can erode or damage the sewage lines in your drainage system. This can cause structural damage to the system and cause a backup. They can also enter the lines through joints in the pipes, causing blockages within the pipes themselves.
- Structural Problems: Structural problems could either exist from the initial installation of your drainage system or take place over time. These could be caused by tree roots or other outside sources, or they could deteriorate more slowly over the course of many years.
What Are the Consequences of a Sewage Backup?
Sewage backup comes with a plethora of consequences that you will need to deal with. Untreated or improperly treated water damage can bring on long-term problems, such as:
- Displacement from your home or business: With any water damage, it is likely you and your employees or family will be displaced for some amount of time. However, with proper repairs by the right people, you can lessen the time your property will be out of commission.
- Structural damage: It’s also likely that your home or business will suffer some amount of structural damage. If you don’t treat the problem promptly, this can intensify, leaving you with irreparable damage that will take more money and time to fix, if it can be fixed at all.
- Health complications: Sewage backups can cause mold to grow and moisture to collect, causing serious, even fatal health risks such as allergies, headaches, asthma and respiratory conditions. Those with chronic illnesses and autoimmune disorders are even more at risk to these conditions.
- Sanitary concerns: A sewage backup is even more concerning than other types of water damage, as it comes with additional sanitary concerns. For instance, a sewage backup that was only affected by clean water will be handled a lot differently than one where black water is involved. A competent water damage repair company will assess what type of water you are dealing with and take it from there.
With all that in mind, it’s imperative that you find the right water damage repair company to help you deal with a sewage backup.
Dealing with Insurance
Working with insurance companies to cover your water damage repair can be a tiring and frustrating process. You need to be aware of the specifics in your insurance policy. Most companies require you to report and repair water damage in a timely manner in order to cover the costs. At Peniel, we have years of experience working with billing insurance companies. We are happy to be an advocate for you during this trying process.
A Sewage Backup Is A Serious Issue That Requires Immediate Care.
When it comes to the health and safety of your family or employees, you can’t afford to slack on your sewage backup damage repair. Peniel Environmental staff are capable and fitted to provide you with a great service and ensure your home or business is repaired to industry standards. You can call 866-977-1773 today to speak with a representative and set up a consultation.