It only takes about 30 seconds for a small flame to turn into an out of control major fire. A home fire can happen anytime, it’s important that if that time ever comes you and your family are well prepared.
Here are some helpful tips to protect yourself and your family from a fire:
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and make sure they are tested monthly
- Make sure everyone in your household is familiar with how to operate a fire extinguisher and keep one in your kitchen for electrical or grease fires
- Try not to leave the oven or stove top on in the kitchen if unattended
- If you are not using any appliance in your home make sure they are always unplugged
- If you have children in the house, always make sure matches, lighters and candles are out of their reach
Another crucial step to protect your family is to take the time to plan and practice an escape route. If your home has fire damage from a recent fire, contact Peniel Environmental at 1-855-317-8236 or fill out our contact form.