Water Damage Repair For Frozen Pipes in NH Homes and Businesses
Frozen pipes can be all to common in NH. Peniel will respond immediately to Nashua, Manchester, Concord, Portsmouth, Dover, Rochester, Derry, Keene, and surrounding towns to provide water damage repair.
If you’ve lived in New England for long, chances are you know someone who has needed water damage repair for frozen and burst pipes. In fact, approximately 250,000 Americans go through this ordeal every year. This kind of damage to your home or business is fixable, but it requires immediate action on your part. You need to get the right water damage repair company in as soon as possible to mitigate damage and prevent further plumbing problems.
How Do Pipes Freeze and Burst?
In general, pipes can freeze and burst when the temperature surrounding the pipes goes below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. However, there are other factors that can affect this, including air flow, insulation and proximity of pipes to living or working spaces. One of the biggest contributing factors is the installation of pipes in a non-insulated area.
How to Tell if Your Pipes Have Frozen and Burst
When your pipes freeze and burst, the water damage may or may not be immediately visible to the naked eye. Of course, if the problem is big enough, you will be able to see the flooding from the pipes. But this may not always be the case.
- Temperature: The first thing you can do is check the temperature. If it’s under 20 degrees Fahrenheit, chances are good they may have frozen.
- Running Water: One telltale sign of frozen pipes is no running water when you turn on a faucet.
- Visual Inspection: With exposed pipes, you can check visually. Have a look at the pipes. Do they look frosted on the outside? If so, they are most likely frozen through inside.
- Check for Water: You can also check your home or business visually for a burst pipe or visible water leakage. This could either look like a small drip from a pipe or full-blown flooding.
If you suspect that your pipes have frozen and burst, you need to contact a plumber and water damage repair company as soon as possible. If you don’t address the problem promptly, the pipes can unfreeze and cause flooding. If this has already occurred, the water damage from the burst pipes can refreeze and cause additional issues.
We perform water damage repair for frozen pipes services for the following cities, towns and throughout all of NH.
What Are the Consequences of Frozen and Burst Pipes?
Frozen and burst pipes come with a plethora of consequences that you will need to deal with. Untreated or improperly treated water damage can bring on long-term problems, such as:
- Displacement from your home or business: With any water damage, it is likely you and your employees or family will be displaced for some amount of time. However, with proper repairs by the right people, you can lessen the time your property will be out of commission.
- Structural damage: It’s also likely that your home or business will suffer some amount of structural damage. If you don’t treat the problem promptly, this can intensify, leaving you with irreparable damage that will take more money and time to fix, if it can be fixed at all.
- Health complications: Frozen and burst pipes can cause mold to grow and moisture to collect, causing serious, even fatal health risks such as allergies, headaches, asthma and respiratory conditions. Those with chronic illnesses and autoimmune disorders are even more at risk to these conditions.
With all that in mind, it’s imperative that you find the right water damage repair company to help you deal with your flood damage.
Dealing With Insurance
Working with insurance companies to cover your water damage repair can be a tiring and frustrating process. You need to be aware of the specifics in your insurance policy. Most companies require you to report and repair water damage in a timely manner in order to cover the costs. At Peniel, we have years of experience working with billing insurance companies. We are happy to be an advocate for you during this trying process.
Frozen and Burst Pipes Are an Extremely Common Problem in NH
Even so, only experienced and qualified water damage repairmen should be trusted to clear your home or business of water. At Peniel Environmental, we have years of experience and up to date certifications, so you can rest assured knowing your property is in good hands. If you’re experiencing water damage due to frozen and burst pipes in NH, call Peniel Environmental at 603-541-7979 to set up a consultation.