Water Damage Repair For Frozen & Burst Pipes, Homes and Commercial, in and Around Elkhart TX
Emergency frozen and burst pipe water damage repair for your home or commercial business in and around Elkhart TX should be undertaken with care, and by true professional water damage restoration technicians with experience in frozen and burst pipes
For water damage repair services, including emergencies for frozen pipes and repair services for burst pipes in, around, and near Elkhart TX, both for homes and commercial properties, trust the restoration company many of your neighbors have trusted for over a decade for water damage repair, dryout, extraction, cleanup, mitigation and remediation, Peniel Environmental.
If you have lived in Texas for any amount of time, chances are you know someone who has needed water damage repair for frozen and burst pipes. In fact, approximately 250,000 Americans go through this ordeal every year. This kind of damage to your home or business is fixable, but it requires immediate action on your part. You need to get the right water damage repair company in as soon as possible to mitigate damage and prevent further problems from arising that could affect the structure of the property as well as the health of all individuals living in andor frequenting the structure.
How Do Pipes Freeze and Burst?
In general, pipes can freeze and burst when the temperature surrounding the pipes goes below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. However, there are other factors that can affect this, including air flow, insulation and proximity of pipes to living or working spaces. One of the biggest contributing factors is the installation of pipes in a non-insulated area or within wall spaces that face heavily wind buffeted areas of the structure.
How to Tell if Your Pipes Have Frozen and Burst?
When your pipes freeze and burst, the water damage may or may not be immediately visible to the naked eye. Of course, if the problem is big enough, you will be able to see the flooding from the pipes. But this may not always be the case.
- Temperature: The first thing you can do is check the temperature. If it’s under 20 degrees Fahrenheit, chances are good they may have frozen. Even if the temperature is higher but exposure to wind facing areas exists it may artificially drop the temperature surrounding the pipes within the wall cavity. Don’t assume if it isn’t 20 degrees that your pipes haven’t frozen or in fact burst.
- Running Water: One telltale sign of frozen pipes is no running water when you turn on a faucet.
- Visual Inspection: With exposed pipes, you can check visually. Have a look at the pipes. Do they look frosted on the outside? If so, they are most likely frozen through inside.
- Check for Water: You can also check your home or business visually for a burst pipe or visible water leakage. This could either look like a small drip from a pipe or full-blown flooding.
If you suspect that your pipes have frozen and burst, you need to contact a plumber and water damage repair company as soon as possible, or in the case of Peniel, we can any and all of the needed services for acute damage mitigation and deal with the frozen pipe and burst pipe plumbing repair, clean up, dryout and removal of damaged items and building materials. Make just one call and we will handle the whole incident for you, including assisting in navigating the insurance claims process and submittal of necessary paperwork.
What Are the Consequences of Frozen and Burst Pipes?
Frozen and burst pipes come with a plethora of consequences that you will need to deal with. Untreated or improperly treated water damage can bring on long-term problems, such as:
- Displacement from your home or business: With any water damage, it is likely you and your employees or family will be displaced for some amount of time. However, with proper repairs by the right people, you can lessen the time your property will be out of commission.
- Structural damage: It’s also likely that your home or business will suffer some amount of structural damage. If you don’t treat the problem promptly, this can intensify, leaving you with irreparable damage that will take more money and time to fix, if it can be fixed at all.
- Health complications: Frozen and burst pipes can cause mold to grow and moisture to collect, causing serious, even fatal health risks such as allergies, headaches, asthma, auto immune issues and respiratory conditions. Those with chronic illnesses and autoimmune disorders are even more at risk to these conditions.
With all that in mind, it’s imperative that you find the right water damage repair company to help you deal with your flood damage.
Dealing With Insurance and Your Frozen Pipe and Burst Pipe Damage
Working with insurance companies to cover your water damage repair from frozen and burst pipes can be a tiring and frustrating process. You need to be aware of the specifics and clauses in your insurance policy and understand how to handle your adjusters with regards to policy responsibilities and coverage’s, remember they work for the insurance company and not you. Most companies require you to report and repair water damage in a timely manner in order to cover the costs. At Peniel, we have years of experience working with billing insurance companies. We are happy to be an advocate for you during this trying process.
In Most Cases (not always) Frozen and Burst Pipe Water Damage Repair Requires the Repair of Plumbing, Electrical, and Structural Components of the Building
At Peniel we manage the entire process for you from rapid onsite response, to the submitting of payment requests to your insurance company. During the water damage mitigation process often times permits from the town building department for electrical, plumbing, and building needs are necessary, and in the case of the presence of Asbestos in any of the affected areas, the State will need to be notified and the removal of the Asbestos handled during the process. The good news it’s all covered by your insurance policy based on provisions therein. We can handle all of the necessary permitting and notifications so you don’t have to during a time of such stress. In the event you have questions however you can always reach out to the town department, or just call us and we can answer any questions you may have.
State of Texas Environmental Agency (if asbestos and other hazardous materials are present)
EPA Region 6
1201 Elm St
Dallas, TX 75270
Phone: +1 800-887-6063
Frozen and Burst Pipes Are a More Common Problem in Elkhart TX Than You May Think!
Only experienced and qualified water damage repairmen should be trusted to clear your Elkhart TX home or business of water and repair the damage from the frozen and burst pipes. At Peniel Environmental, we have years of experience and up to date certifications, so you can rest assured knowing your property is in good hands. If you’re experiencing water damage due to frozen and burst pipes in Elkhart TX call Peniel Environmental at 866-977-1773 to get emergency and rapid services, timing is of the essence when it comes to water damage.